Masala Chai recipe
2 cups water
3 - 4 tsp tea leaves
1 chunk dried ginger
3 - 4 crushed cardamom pods
3 whole cloves
1 piece cinnamon
1 - 2 whole black peppers
1. Bring two cups of water to the boil. Add all the ingredients (except milk and sugar) and boil again for about 15 seconds. Let stand for one minute.
2. Warm milk in a pot. Filter the above tea into cups. Add milk and sugar and serve.
Masala Chai #2 recipe
1. Put water in a saucepan. Add the cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves and bring to a boil. Cover, turn heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Add the milk and sugar and bring to simmer again. Throw in the tea leaves, cover, and turn off the heat. Sit for 2 minutes.
3. Strain the tea into two cups and serve immediately.