Skittle Vodka recipe
Scan me to take me with you
This drink has been a favourite among students for many years, but it is till only recently that a few pioneers of mixology have produced skittle vodka on such a mass scale and have been able to perfect the method that they've been able to confidently spread their wonderful ideas to the world through the magic of the internet.
When making Skittles Vodka you can choose to either use all five of the flavours or to buy several bags of Skittles and separate the flavours or even mix two or three of the flavours to create your own taste. Once you have chosen your flavours the method is always the same:
- Pour off some of the Vodka (down to the shoulder of the bottle should do)
- Add your Skittles to the bottle.
- Replace the cap and shake vigorously.
- It takes several hours of intermittent shaking for the Skittles to completely dissolve (the process can be sped up by putting the bottle in a dishwasher during a wash cycle)
- Once the Skittles have dissolved you should be left with coloured Vodka and a layer of scum (or ming) will have formed. This ming must be removed.
- Pour the Skittles Vodka through a sheet of kitchen paper or a coffee filter using a sieve. This will remove the ming and leave nothing but tasty Skittles flavoured Vodka.
- Chill till ice cold, serve, enjoy!
most popular drinks in this category...
For information on creating mixed drink recipes, bartending information, and measurements for alcoholic drinks,
visit our Bartender Guide.